QuickBooks error 12029 is a network time-out error and belongs to the series of QuickBooks 12000 series errors. That means QuickBooks fails to access the server and cannot get an IP address. This error generally appears when you’re downloading payroll updates and QuickBooks desktop. It appears on the screen with an error code and an error message.
The Causes of QuickBooks Error 12029 Are:
- The farewell and antivirus security settings are blocking your access to the server.
- Usage of old Windows version.
- The internet browser you use is not valid.
- Time out of QuickBooks update.
- Incorrect SSL settings.
The Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 12029 Are:
- An error code on your screen says that QuickBooks has failed to receive the IP address or servers.
- When you are installing payroll updates, the software might quit in the middle.
- After the error, you might only be able to use the payroll update once it’s rectified.
- The computer system freezes.
- Every internal input you try to make in your system is sluggish.
Solutions for QuickBooks Error 12029 Are:
- Find the issues that are present on your local desktop and system.
First, start by checking your QuickBooks software and check whether it is updated to its recent version. Also, update your Windows operating system and internet browser to the latest versions. Finally, ensure that the SSL settings are appropriate.
- Fix your Firewall and antivirus settings.
These settings can block QuickBooks from connecting to the server. So, if you discovered this case after checking, fix the problem by downloading the QuickBooks file doctor. This tool will select the firewall and antivirus settings and open ports accordingly.
- Check your network connection.
The first step is to open your default browser and search for something of your choice to check if the internet is properly working. If it works, then restore the default settings of your browser. And then, if QuickBooks error 12029 is corrected.
- Fix the SSL settings of your browser.
Configure the SSL settings by going to your browser’s advanced settings and ensuring that SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 are checked.
- Fix the time and date of the system.
Incorrect time and date can cause the error, so check and fix the time according to your time zone and date as per the day. Then try to open QuickBooks again to see if the error is resolved.
If you want to know in detail, you should read this article: QuickBooks Error Code 12029
en start writing!